Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

No oil? No eggs? Greek yogurt? Oh my!!

These brownies were more like fudge than anything else. Sam and I devoured this entire pan in a couple of hours. I kept going back and cutting off  just one more piece... until the whole damn pan was gone.

Whoops!!

It was a moment of weakness.

At least they're healthy...



It's been very recently that I've started experimenting with plain greek yogurt in recipes. I started out small with some homemade ranch dressing and was blown away. Next I replaced my usual gigantic dollop of sour cream with it on some bean burritos and honestly couldn't tell the difference!! Despite these successful ventures, I was still skeptical of the whole trend of using non-fat plain greek yogurt in place of traditional ingredients in baked goods. But after this recipe, I will never doubt the almighty power of greek yogurt again.

This recipe uses oats in place of flour which was something new for me as well, and I'm excited to experiment using them in a couple other brownie recipes because the texture was awesome!!

I added WAY more than 1 cup of peanut butter because.....
I'm a glutton.
And when I'm crying next week because my pants won't fit anymore, that will be my punishment.

Try to save some for your family...




Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies

- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 oz. non-fat plain (or vanilla) greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
 - 1/2 cup old fashioned oats

Directions:
Grease an 8x8 pan, set aside. Place all ingredients except peanut butter into a blender and blend until batter is smooth and the oats are ground up. Stop the blender a couple of times and scrape down the sides. Make sure the oats are ground up or else brownies will come out wrong. Pour batter into baking dish (batter will be thin). Place peanut butter into a small dish and microwave for 30 seconds. Drop peanut butter by spoonfuls onto batter, then swirl with a knife to make it marble-tastic. Bake at 350 degress for 25 minutes or just until edges of brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let brownies cool for 30 minutes, then stick those babies in the fridge and wait at least 2 hours to allow the fudginess to set in.


(original deliciousness by Sally's Baking Addiction)

3 comments:

  1. mmm those look so good! ps discovered you through the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are the epitome of rich, fudgy, goodness ;) Thank you so much for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks out of this world!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe at the FineCraftGuild.com recipe linky party.

    ReplyDelete